Australian Post Resources
As of 2 June 2014 there will be changes to Regular and Surface Mail services.
Watch this space for further updates.
Docmaster Specification Sheets
- Q. What format should I send data files to you in?
- A. Docmaster accepts most formats such as Excel, text and comma delimited. (Click here for a PDF example)
- Q. What artwork formats do you accept?
- A. Most common layout programs (InDesign, QuarkXPress) can be used to supply artwork as a PDF. Docmaster prefers artwork as a print ready PDF but standard image file formats such as EPS, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, etc. are okay as well.
Costs may be incurred if artwork needs to be adjusted or time spent in creating a print ready PDF.
- Q. What stock do you print on?
- A. Docmaster prints on a variety of finished sizes from business cards to an oversized A3. We can also print on heavier stocks up to 300 gsm. The weight of metric paper is described in gsm (grams per square meter); normal photocopying paper is around 80 gsm.
- Q. Do you have an FTP site?
- A. Yes! Please contact email@example.com to learn about our FTP site and how it will expedite and simplify your printing and mailing needs. We can set up an individualised secure site for each client.
- Q. What is a bleed and crop marks?
- A. Depending on your artwork, you may want to print with bleed. Bleed is artwork that runs over the edge of a page so when it is cropped the colour goes to edge. Crop marks are the guillotine marks to where you want your item trimmed. (Click here for a PDF example)
- Q. Can you print envelopes?
- A. Yes! We can overprint your envelopes with a single colour (black, red, blue or green) so that they are compliant with Australia Post addressing standards.
- Q. Now that my letters and flyers are printed, can you mail them for me?
- A. Yes! Docmaster has the ability to fold A3 or A4 to a DL, insert into an envelope, and lodge for you. With our partnership with Australia Post, we make sure that everything is compliant with Australia Post PreSort and PrintPost Standards to reduce your costs with our bulk mail discounts.
- Q. Can I deliver goods to you and then have Docmaster mail them?
- A. Of course! Our delivery address is 21/9 Powells Road, Brookvale NSW 2100. Warehouse delivery hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Q. I’m not sure if this is a small or a large letter and what are the cost differences?
- A. Don’t worry; our highly trained staff will be able to assist in determining the best postage for you.
- Q. My mailing is done, I have a lot of envelopes left over. Can you store our overs?
- A. Docmaster has warehouse capability and we can store overstock or stock for ongoing campaigns.
- Q. Can you store our stock?
- A. Whether it is 100 or 100,000 pieces of stationery, Docmaster can store stock and goods for our clients.
- Q. Where can I find more information about printing and mailing?
- A. Here! Please download the PDFs above to further assist you.